Margaret River winemaker Edward Tomlinson graduated with a degree in Applied Science – Oenology from Roseworthy Agricultural College in 1992. After vintages in South Africa, California and New Zealand he returned to his family’s vineyard and winery of Lenton Brae in 1995.
Northern hemisphere vintages in Spain, Bordeaux and Italy since then have added international perspective to his 25 vintages at Lenton Brae. He attended the second Len Evans tutorial in 2002 and has judged regional and capital city wine shows frequently since then. He has been chairman of the Margaret River Wine Show Committee since 2013.
Consistently rated a 5 star producer by luminary James Halliday for “regularly producing wines of exemplary quality”
West Australian wine critic Ray Jordan has also praised Edwards vision “Ed Tomlinson has introduced a contemporary style to maximise the exceptional mature fruit from the vineyard” – West Australian Wine Guide 2016
During Edward’s tenure Lenton Brae has been awarded numerous trophies and accolades.
- Best Australian Chardonnay – Boutique Wines of Australia awards (2001)
- Best West Australian White Wine – Perth Royal Show (1992 & 2010)
- Best Margaret River White Wine & Best Margaret River Chardonnay – Margaret River Wine Show (2007)
- Best Blended White Wine – Adelaide Wine Show (2000)
- Best Shiraz – Class 12 National wine Show (2008)
Lenton Brae began in 1982 and was the 13th wine producer in Margaret River. Edward Tomlinson has been the winemaker since 1995 and will continue in this role indefinitely